The Ground Segment Software specifically developed for PicSat is finally released!
Here are some of its features:
- Pure-python (compatible 2.7 and 3.5)
- OS-independent (ran on windows, Linux and raspberry PI)
- Remote-controlling enabled (through ssh)
- TeleCommand and TeleMetries APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) for scripting commands
- Data-frames based on CCSDS standard, packing/unpacking fully parameterizable to meet specific needs
- Real-time storage of unpacked frames in database (up to ~1 Mbytes/sec), and on disk
- Cryptographic signature to secure TCs
- AX25-KISS aware
- Antenna listening & writing from-to any port (serial, usb, tcp/ip, etc)
- Possibility of interfacing third-party applications for additional real-time visualization and tweaks
It is released under the GPL Licence, see www.nanosat-control.com for details.